Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

I am insulted

From: Mary Slayter [mailto:mslayter@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 9:38 PM
Subject:
Mr. Tancredo:
I am the daughter of an Air Force officer who served in both World War II and Korea, the niece of two uncles who served in World War II, the granddaughter and grand niece of people who served in World War I.  My extended family now includes relatives who are African-Americans, Japanese Americans and Latino Americans -- and reflects the values for which those who went before us gave so generously of themselves in times of war. 
I am insulted by your speech this weekend  that suggested that we should reprise those primitive laws that deprived so many Americans of the right to vote for so long.  I shudder that, having expressed such anti-American values, you dare display a photograph of yourself against the backdrop of the American flag on your website.  You sully the image of that great standard. 
Please take it down -- and give some thought to your words and how they match up with the values expressed in our Constitution.
Mary T. Slayter
West Dennis, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment