Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Birth Question

From: Aymarmusic@aol.com [mailto:Aymarmusic@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:56 AM
Subject: Birth Question

Hello Mr. Tancredo,
I was wondering where you are from? I noticed that your name didn't sound distinctly American and a friend told me that it was a common name in Central America. 
I am from a French Huguenot family that arrived here to North America in the early 1700's.  George Washington was a Huguenot. So was Paul Revere and Alexander Hamilton.  Davey Crocket was too.  We were in America before it was America.
I was curious because I'm not a fan of the later immigrants that came here to use our resources and call themselves Americans.  I also don't like hypocracy. 
I appreciate your candor and would like to prove my friend wrong that you are not from Central America although your name does have a Spanish ring to it.  I told him that I thought you were from one of the early settlements in the East that built this great country a few centuries ago.
Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment