Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Shame on YOU!!

From: Linda Blum-Barton [mailto:lblumb@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:09 PM
Subject: Shame on YOU!!
I take great offense at your comments yesterday at the Tea Party Convention.
If you truly believe that the American Citizens, ie registered voters who
voted Barack Obama into office last year can't spell vote or speak it in
English, you are sorely, sorely mistaken.
I have nine direct ancestors who fought in the American Revolution, am a
proven descendant of a Jamestown settler, have ancestors who have fought in
every war this country has ever been involved in and have dear friends and
family members who fought in Vietnam, the Gulf War and are currently
involved in Iraq or Afghanistan.
I consider myself better read in world wide events, national events and
history than Sarah Palin and was aghast that she was John McCain's choice
for a vice presidential candidate.
I worked on Barack Obama's campaign for change in North Carolina - a state
that supported him - and not one person that I met while working on his
campaign was unable to speak English or unable to vote. I would guess that
everyone I know who voted for him is at least as educated as you are and
obviously less biased. Don't ever begin to believe that you speak for me.
Linda Blum-Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment